Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Life lately...in pictures...

Not much going on around here but the norm.  Here's a glimpse into what our weekend and week has looked like lately.


Emma took this picture of me the other day as I was in SUPER clean out mode.  I am determined to handle the clutter and simplify.  I don't know about yall, but I have WAY too much stuff and I can't contain it anymore.  I am really trying to downsize and only have things I LOVE in the house.



Emma "helped," and by helped, I mean, she played with this jar of pennies for about 2 hours.  Lucky for me, I got to clean it up.



Round 1 of donation....



Saturday morning, I had to work an Admissions Open House, so I met the family for lunch at the mall afterwards.  Brent had a haircut there, so my parents were sweet enough to come entertain Emma while he was there.  It was beautiful out, and we all had a blast walking around outside.




I came home with Emma, while Brent went to Best Buy.  We are on a mission to also downsize our bills.  We pay almost $200/month for internet and cable.  I HATE you Time Warner Cable.
We did some research and think we have found a way to get rid of them (hooray!) and still watch out favorite shows!  I will do a post on it later when all is said and done!

Emma and I played outside while we waited for dad to get home.  She;s really into posing lately, with some pretty sassy faces:)







Sunday, we went to Chipotle after church to grab some lunch.  The Durham Fire Dept. was there, so Emma got to see the BIG truck!



Later that afternoon, we rode scooters with our neighbors!











Our dear friends, the Nelson's, came over for dinner and we had the best time.  Corrie is due with a little girl in July, and we are so excited for them.



Monday, I picked Emma up a bit early because I wasn't feeling well.  Her class was outside on the playground, so I snapped some action shots.  This was cool because I don't get to be there for most of her day (I know she has fun, but I only get to see the beginning and end of her day).



This is Emma and Maddie.  Emma ADORES Maddie...she's always talking about it:)





 Tuesday was grocery shopping day....except mom of the year locked us out of the house on the way.
Emma is a bit of a hoarder...in the sense that she has A LOT she insists on bringing with us everywhere we go.



"Hey mom...you dummy!  It's cold out here!"

This shot was priceless....she is such a DIVA.



We went to Trader Joe's and Food Lion.  This is what $200 worth of groceries looks like.  I only go to Trader Joe's about twice a month (maybe only once), so I tend to stock up when I'm there.)  The CAT is not included in the groceries:)



I made this Pinterest recipe for dinner...and man, it was delicious!  I served it with a salad and some tortilla chips. 



I also laid out some lunch stuff for Brent and I.  These are just frozen veges that we will keep in the freezer, then grab in the AM and microwave at work.  It's soooo hard to eat a healthy lunch at work because of either time or money, so I am hoping this will help us.



I also found Emma had been keeping a secret stash of goldfish in her play kitchen....I guess I should be glad at least it's not candy:)



We also celebrated spring by painting our toenails.



and I broke down and bought the Doc McStuffins playlist (our new obsession)



Here is my sweetie showing her painted nails off:)





Bedtime has been a bit of a challenge...and we found that, for right now, letting Emma "read" the books seems to help.  I am amazed by how much she can recite from memory in her books.






Phew...that's what happening around here lately!  Hope everyone is enjoying some time outside in this weather - as long as it's not raining, then I'm a happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment