Thursday, November 30, 2017

ONE!

My sweet, sweet Mer-bear. How can it be that you are one? 
I won't lie, the first year was harder than I thought, and harder than it was on me than it was with your sister.  But we made it, and honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am stronger, more confident, more loving, and more whole because of you, Merritt.  From the moment I first held you, I felt in an instant connection that I didn't think was possible after having Emma.  All my worries and fears about a second child disappeared.  I love to watch Emma love on you.  I can't wait to see you grow alongside of your sister.  I am so, so blessed that you are my child.






Today, you have been with us for one whole year.  You take 2 naps, and sleep through the night.  You still nurse for night and naps, but the rest of the time you are chugging some whole milk.  You LOVE food.  We call you a chow hound, and laugh at how much you seem to fit into your teeny body.  Your favorite things are carbs and cheese (good choices).  You eat almost everything - and no one can have food around you without you tasting it.   You have quickly become a daddy's girl like your sister.  Your face lights up in a way that makes my heart so warm every time you see him come home.  You love exploring toys and playing with trinkets.  You are learning so many new things every day.  You can stand on your own and you love to show off.  You aren't walking yet, but I'm sure that will come soon enough. 



Your smile warms everyone's heart, Merritt.  I love to see the twinkle in your beautiful bright blue eyes.   We are all so very, very happy to have you as our daughter and sister.  Happiest of birthdays, sweet Mer Mer!

No comments:

Post a Comment