Sunday, January 7, 2018

Merritt's birthday

I know, it's January....and Merritt turned one in November...but better late than never.  We started a new tradition for birthdays with Merritt - pancakes at Ye Olde Waffle Shop.  I haven't been since I was a kid, so almost 30 years.  It was awesome, and the staff was so nice and accommodating for us.  We will definitely go back!!

Brent took off work, and it was so nice to have him home!  We even let Emma skip school:)


When we told them it was her first birthday, they made a special stack with a candle just for her:)



She devoured it!  This girl loves her some carbs!


We did a super small dinner at home with my parents over, and had Merritt's favorite - Trader Joe's lasagna.  Then let her dive into her own cupcake from Smallcakes.


She definitely dug into it way more than Emma did at one.


She got a busy box for her birthday, and Emma had fun unwrapping it for her:)


A few days later, we went to the doctor for her one year visit.  She was all smiles and I earned my wine after wrangling 2 kids at the pediatrician's office.  


We are 19 pounds of love!


These two...man my heart bursts for them!!!!  Happy first birthday, Mer Mer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment