Wednesday, November 29, 2017

37

Today I am 37.  I am a year older....a year wiser....a year more aware of how precious life is.  We are settling into a good routine over here in the Talley household, and the season of hope is upon us.  I feel extremely grateful for everything.  I feel so blessed to have another year with my family and friends, and to have almost made it out of the first year baby phase (tomorrow).  It's natural to reflect on where you are in life and where you are going.  I admit, this year was harder - new child, new life at home, other personal challenges.  Our life isn't perfect.  We are still in our first house, we don't go on fancy trips, we rarely get adult nights, we drink cheap wine, and I too easily fall into the comparison trap. 
But with all this, I'm reminded that all that doesn't matter.  In the end, it just isn't important.  My life isn't measured by those things, my identity isn't tied up in materials.  I am beyond blessed to have so much (that isn't tangible) in this life - seeing my healthy children smiling, hearing them laugh, looking into my husband's eyes and feeling completely loved for who I am.  My hope is that I continually remind myself of these things until my next birthday, and that I am forever grateful for God's blessing on me.

I've neglected to document the past few weeks on the blog, but I'll share some photos below.  Photos of our life - the silly, the sweet, the everyday that makes my heart so full. 












No comments:

Post a Comment