Thursday, May 18, 2017

Mother's Day weekend

We kicked off Mother's Day with Muffins for Mom at Emma's school.  I was pretty sleep deprived from the night(s) before, but excited to be there.  My mom kept Merritt so that I could be there JUST with Emma.  I love these moments.  I rarely get much time with her anymore, so I cherish it.
The kids sang a few songs (which I of course videoed), and then we planted some flowers together in a pot she had painted just for me:)  There were baked goodies, smoothies, and lots of smiles.  I really, really enjoyed this.




That afternoon, we went to the mall to get my mother a Mother's day gift.  Merritt ended up falling asleep in the stroller (which was my plan), and slept for over 2 hours.  I was sort of running out of stores to go into:)


Saturday, Brent had to work, so it was just me and the girls.  We were all battling colds (pretty nasty ones), but miraculously, Merritt slept 9-5 the night before so I was well rested.  We did give her some Benadryl, but....details......

When Brent got home that afternoon, he took Merritt out to the store and to get Chronic Tacos for dinner.  I showered with Emma and we snuggled on the couch together -again, lots of one on one time with my oldest, biggest girl.  Then, Emma and Brent surprised me with a banana split they had made for me to share with Emma while Merritt got a bath.



Gosh, this girl is getting so big :(:(:(



That night, we drugged Merritt again and she slept until 5am again!  What!!!!!!! Sunday, Emma surprised me with my favorite - homemade oatmeal and coffee in bed!


We went to church, but Merritt didn't fall asleep in the car like normal.  She was pretty good for some of the service, but got fussy and I had to take her out.  I was going to take her to the nursery, but since she had a nasty runny nose, I thought that might be rude:)  So, we hung out outside the sanctuary and took some pics!






I finally nursed her towards the end of the service and she fell asleep.  I set her down so I could grab my bag and the poor girl was still asleep!


We tried hard for a good picture, but these will have to do this year!



Merritt fell out as soon as we got rolling in the car, so we decided to go to Carrboro to Rise for some biscuits.  It was gorgeous outside, so we sat there.  I love their biscuits, but prefer Monuts for donuts;)  We walked over to Fleet Feet to check out their shoes.  I had needed a new pair of workout shoes, so I got fitted and picked some out for Mother's Day.  The people there are so nice - they watch you walk, look at your foot, and do everything for you.  I didn't have to bend down to put on a shoe or anything.  They were also offering mimosa.....hecksss yessss.  I'll take TWO.  Bonus: Merritt slept the entire time in the stroller. 


We went to my parents for dinner outside, and enjoyed some champagne:) 


I feel so blessed to have a Mom whom I love and helps me ALL the time.  And no matter how hard or exhausting being a mom is, I consider it my greatest calling.  I remind myself that NO ONE else gets to love on these girls, hug them, watch them learn, wipe their butts, clean up their mess, and see their eye rolls:)  No one...just me.  I'm honored....and I thank God for every moment I have with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment