Monday, November 7, 2016

Halloween

I won't lie...I'm not a huge fan of this "holiday."  I don't like dressing up very much (mainly because I can never come up with a creative and clever costume), and I don't like spending gobs of money on candy to just hand out (can I get a donation tax receipt, please??!!!)

Emma also changes her mind a million times about her costume, so I have to be ready for anything and everything.  I bought her a $5 Olivia costume (second hand), which she wore to school the Friday before....but the day of, she decided she wanted to be a fairy princess.  So I drug out the butterfly outfit she wears ALL THE TIME, made her a wand, slabbed some sparkles on her face, and we were done.  Brent was supposed to be off early to help -it's always a mad rush to get Emma ready, get dinner together, get the candy ready, make sure the pumpkins are lit and out, etc....  Then there's the dilemma of whether someone stays at your house while you take the kid trick or treating, or just leave the bowl unattended.....thankfully, my sweet parents have been coming over to help and they usually stay at our house while we hit a few houses.  We only take Emma to about 10 houses top.

I wanted  a good picture, but this is the best we could get....



This year felt more stressed than usual, probably because I made it that way, but we had fun and made it through!

Here are some pics of Emma and her friend from next door, Brooklyn.  Emma had been super excited about trick or treating with them, and asked about it all day.  I was glad the time had finally come:)




It's hard to believe that next year, we will have another little trick or treater!!

No comments:

Post a Comment