Thursday, October 20, 2016

Mountains!!!

Wow, I am so behind on blogging....so I'll start here...our mountain trip a few weekends ago.  We went back to Valle Crucis to stay in our heavenly spot (same one from August...), and had a blast as usual (despite the rain one day!)

We got off later than I wanted, and I was in a bad mood (sorry, family).  But I cheered up with a trip to Stamey's BBQ....all I can say is thank God they didn't take credit cards when I was there in college (my dad would have killed me!)



We got there just as it was getting dark, and Brent and I discovered these *awesome* Daniel Boone hats and decided pictures were in order.




Brent told me that if I posted any of these, he would kill me....I think he meant on instagram or facebook...and the blog was fair game:)




Hurricane Matthew was coming through, and although we were far away, we were still affected with some rain Friday.  I was a bit bummed because there is not that much to do in the rain there.  We got some fishing in, went to Linville Caverns (boring, if you ask me), ate pizza in downtown Boone, and did some sight seeing from the car.

I made chili in the crock pot there and we snuggled up with a warm bowl, and then made smores before watching a movie together all in our bed:)  

Saturday was much nicer - cool, but no rain.  We decided to head to an Apple Orchard I had found about an hour away.



But only after some fishing in our princess dress...






The orchard was off the Blue Ridge Parkway, almost halfway to Asheville.  We stopped here for some pics:)




Altapass Orchard did not disappoint - very idyllic and a great day trip for kids.  We picked a peck of apples, enjoyed some amazing views, then headed into the country store for some live clogging, an apple lecture, and the best apple cobbler I've ever had.








We were worn out that night, so stayed in for some more warm chili and snuggles outside on the porch.




The next morning, we woke up to temps in the 40's and lots of wind...wowzers it was cold!!




I could barely stay out there - I love the cold, but don't like to BE cold....the wind was vicious.  After it being 90 for the past 5 months, 40 felt pretty darn chilly.



We reluctantly went home Sunday afternoon.....this was an emotional trip for me because I knew it was my last with just Emma and Brent. 



While I can't wait for Merritt to join our family, it's still a bit sad to see this family of 3 change:(



I know in 6 short weeks, I will be elated at how the FOUR of us just fit perfectly, but right now, these 2 are my world...and I am soaking up every minute.








No comments:

Post a Comment