Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Life lately...

It has been a roller coaster of weather the past few weeks.  I think fall is finally here...but wow, we have endured some heat this summer.  Here's a look at our life the past 2 weeks!
 
Emma's friend from school, Abigail, invited her over for a playdate after school one afternoon.  Emma was BEYOND excited.  She even wanted to make sure she had her umbrella...JUST IN CASE:)


 
 
I took advantage of the extra time and had lunch with a friend at a new spot....True Flavors in Durham.  Y'all...it was amazing!  I had the chicken and waffles....because #whynot.

 
 
Abigail's mom sent me these pics.  I think the girls are having a blast:)



 
Fall means comfort food...and as soon as the temperatures dipped below 70 I decided we needed to make our homemade mac n cheese.  Emma wanted to help shred the cheese:)

 
 
Last week, I had the chance to chaperone Emma's class to Green Acres Farm in Cary.  I was SOOOO excited to do this.  As someone who always worked, I jumped at the chance to do this with Emma and her class.  (This will be a separate post...but I am LOVING every single moment of being a stay at home mom)
 
Here are some of the kids on the hayride...how cute are the matching shirts (and a lifesaver for finding your group!)
 
 

 
 
The farm was fun, but getting hot.  I love sunshine and all, but come on....85 in October????  It's just wrong.

 
 
The next day was even hotter.  So instead of whining, we embraced it and went to the lake!  Jordan lake is still really high - about 10 feet above pool.  The water was a bit chilly, but not too bad yet.  I am sure that after our cooler temps this past weekend, it has cooled off quite a bit.

 
 
I have so many good memories out here, and it was nice to enjoy one last afternoon here this year.


 
 
I am still working a few hours a week (whenever I feel like it), so I took Emma to work with me one afternoon.  First, we stopped at Crabtree to get some new kicks.  The shoe and clothes battle in our house is REAL right now.  So when Emma got excited about these shoes, and I finagled a deal, AND she wore them out of the store, I felt like SUPERMOM!  So far, we are still excited about them and wearing them.

 
 
Emma found this Halloween wine glass in my office (I don't normally drink at work, so not sure why that's there....hehehe).  But she carried it around with her the rest of the day...even when we went on errands to the other building to drop papers off.  Nothing says awesome parent like a preggo mom letting her 4 year old walk around with a wine glass...

 
 
I snapped this photo on our way out....Emma just looked so old!


 
 
Much to my dismay, a few seconds later were TERRIBLE!  Somehow, Emma managed to get her hand stuck in the elevator - where the door opens and goes back into the wall - as we were getting off at the first floor.  She was screaming bloody murder.  I was panicking trying to open or close the door (which wasn't working), and then banging on the door trying to pry her hand out. The sweet lady from the coffee shop ran over to help too and was trying to get her little hand out.  When it finally came out, I thought for sure we were going to the emergency room.  Luckily it was just really swollen and sore and she could move it.  God, it was so awful though.  Hearing her scream in pain and being helpless was a feeling I don't wish on anyone.  I don't know how I didn't go into labor right then and there.  We had the school nurse come over to check it out and gave her some ice.  She was pretty pathetic the rest of the evening, and I don't blame her.  I did drive home holding her hand the whole way too:(  She cheered up a bit with a Happy Meal, and was fine the next day.  But it took me a few days to erase that memory from my mind.  I still shutter thinking about it.  Now, Emma is terrified of the elevator and has vowed to take the stairs everywhere.......maybe not the best plan for mama at this point in pregnancy:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment