Thursday, May 22, 2014

Introducing...Miss Emma!

Let me introduce you to Miss Emma Stiles - 23 months of sweet smiles and warm snuggles.  This girl steals our hearts daily, and we couldn't be more thankful for her.

I realized I had not done a post on Emma and all the wonderful things she is doing and learning lately.  I feel like the last 2 weeks have been huge periods of growth for her.  She is showing us everyday how smart she is, and saying lots of new words and phrases.

We will have official stats when we go for our 24 month appointment next month, but here are a few:

Diapers - size 5...and showing more and more interest in the potty.  She is now telling us when she "goes" in the diaper...I'm guessing that's a key sign I should start???

Clothes - wearing 12 month or 18 month on the bottom, 2T on top.

Shoes - size 5 - Emma loves her Cienta and Tsukihoshi shoes.

Sleeping - She naps for about 2 hours everyday, then goes down around 8pm and gets up at 7:30am.  She loves to be tucked in at night with 2 of her favorite blankets.  She also dislikes her pillow in the crib, and always throws it on top of her or down by her feet (haven't quite mastered the use for it yet!). She has not shown any signs of climbing out of the crib, so for now, she is staying put.


Here are some of Emma's favorite things.....

Timmy Time is one of her favorite shows...probably the only one she really gets into, and one that Brent and I can tolerate.  I find myself getting into it...which horrifies me.  But, it is kinda cute and educational.  It comes on Disney JR at 7am, so we tape it (everyday) and watch some in the AM and some before bed.


Emma could love off these fruit snacks...she wants them all the time and sometimes refuses to eat anything else.  She gets most of her nutrition from school - where she eats hummus, vegetables, etc...  She is a great eater there, but has not shown a ton of interest in eating at home.  I mean, she DOES eat...just out of necessity.  She also likes scrambled eggs and juice boxes.  I love to hear her say "Ju bok."  


Emma also loves "aht" - her version of ART.  She loves to color with crayons, markers, and now paint.  We are busy learning our colors too...so far, everything is "lellow" (yellow)...






BUBBLES - she loves bubbles...but I need to find a better bubble mix and/or machine to blow them for me.

WALKS with animals - she loves to take her babydoll or stuffed animals for walks in her bike, or the small stroller.  Most evenings, I am found walking down the street with a glass of wine in my hand and Emma as pictured below....






"wheelie!!!"

ANIMALS - this girl loves animals - all kinds.  When we read in books, and come across a frog, cat, butterfly, whatever...she repeats the name then leans into the book to give it a kiss.  She loves all of them.  She loves to hug our cats - more Swerve than Sunny...partly because he is more tolerant than she is.  She can spot a dog a mile away, and the same thing for birds now.  This caring personality is really heartwarming:)


Brent and I feel so blessed to call Emma "ours."  She is growing into such a sweet, caring, silly, and thoughtful little girl.  I cannot wait to spend this long weekend with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment