Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mother's Day weekend

I had been a little under the weather around here - summer colds really stink!  Thankfully, no one else has really gotten this week+ long cold.....and I am almost 100% better!

It started Mother's Day (hooray), so I felt pretty crummy all day.  But...it was a great excuse to have Brent wait on me hand and foot (like he would have done it anyway for my special day!)

Like any true adult, all I really wanted for Mother's Day were practical things - like plants, organization, and hugs, of course.

Friday, Emma's school was having a Mother's Day Tea Party.........so of course, we took some selfies to commemorate the occasion.



"Mom, stop it!  You're embarassing me!"








We were also getting a little frazzled waiting for daddy to come home from work.......





Saturday, we went to Lowe's, and Emma had a blast.  It's funny how certain places can entertain this girl way longer than any toy we've ever bought!




We got to work planting, with a little help from this diva..

I have no idea where she gets this face from!



or this one......

almost done...my border plants
 One of my other presents for Mother's Day was a day trip (sans Emma) to Ikea.  I had been wanting to go there for awhile, and we had picked out some things we were needing for the house.  Despite feeling awful, we went anyway.  When you get a chance to go, you gotta take it!  




Ikea selfie!  Can you tell I am soooo stuffed up here?  I even look puffy!

Some of our loot!  I had been wanting a dresser for awhile.  We have always had large, tall wardrobes in our bedroom and I really wanted something smaller...and more decoration friendly ( so I could pile more stuff on top and pretend it's decor)!  I would love to have something antique and super-nice, but with the pets and Emma...I know it would get ruined right away.   We actually scored big time on this dresser - it was a display without any defects that was marked down even more than the outrageously low price to begin with - AND WE DIDN'T HAVE TO PUT IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Our cart....which I now wish we would have filled up more!  I am already thinking of another trip!  I couldn't believe how inexpensive things were there...and the quality was not bad.  The kid's stuff was amazing - and seriously...who pays a ton for kid's things??  Are there kids out there that care?  And more importantly...have they invented kids who don't destruct nowadays??


We couldn't go by Lexington, NC without a stop at my favorite BBQ!!!  We even got some to take home! (Sorry the pic is bad...the other attempts are even worse... do you think my man needs a haircut or what?!)

One of Emma's Ikea toys - $10, but priceless entertainment!




My sweet girl



And of course, I can't leave out a picture of my mother for this post.  I am so thankful for her friendship and blessed to see it continue to grow stronger as we get older.  I love you, mom:)





No comments:

Post a Comment