Monday, January 22, 2018

a BIG snow

We had a huge snowstorm last week...we got almost 11 inches at the house!!!  It started Wednesday morning at about 9am and didn't stop until 9pm that night.  I was in heaven!!!  Brent was at work, but closed the store early and got home about 2pm.  I don't venture out on my own with Emma and Merritt, so we waited for him and baked instead - brownies and bread to be exact:)


Merritt was intrigued by the snow.....




I took this picture and sent it to Brent.  Raleigh was about 1.5 hours behind us with snowfall total, and also never got as much as we did.


When we did head out, Emma went straight for snow swimming:)  It was a fluffy, dry snow that was perfect for playing.


They made a pretty awesome snowman!  I took a short walk around the block by myself:)


Emma loves her neighbor, Brooklyn.  And the girls had a great time playing together.


Merritt wasn't as into the snow as the rest of her family...


Actually, she hated it for some reason this day.  We basically threatened to disown her.  Talleys love some snow...it's a requirement to be in the family.



This was after about 7 hours of snow.


We had the neighbors over for dinner and the girls had a great time watching movies on the couch.


 Thankfully, Thursday was Brent's day off.  And he got to stay home with us - this NEVER happens.  The pharmacy doesn't just close, so he is always going in.  I was so glad to have him home (for the help, the company, the sanity), and also for him to enjoy it with us. 

I got up early and went for a walk by myself.  It was absolutely beautiful out - so peaceful.




Later in the day, we ventured out to the grocery store for a few things we forgot earlier in the week.  The roads weren't too bad, although I would not have gone without 4WD...



I can't get enough of this girl's hat!


After Merritt's afternoon nap, we decided to try the snow again.  This time was much better...thank God.  I kind of want to keep her:)



Soooo much snow!!



We made nachos in the oven - sooooo yummy.


I went for another walk Friday morning before Brent went to work - I knew it would be my only alone time all day (and the next day since he was working then too).  




We made a lot of fires over the 3 days......and I loved it. 


Cabin fever set in a bit...



so we ventured to the mall for an early dinner....

oh, and a glass of bubbly!


This is Merritt's stroller stance - she is obsessed with this leapfrog laptop and it cracks me up.  It looks like she's doing work while we stroll along.


We had a really, really good time together.  I love the snow, and I loved spending so much time together.  It was a simple, fun few days and if it snowed again this month, I'd be in heaven:)

No comments:

Post a Comment