Sunday, January 15, 2017

1 month

*Once again....this post was started over a week ago.......(insert eye roll here)*

Like I mentioned before, I forgot about Merritt's one month birthday.  I actually remembered not one, but days, after the fact.  At our 4 week appointment, Merritt was 9 lbs 2 oz and 21.5 inches.  I believe she is already bigger than Emma was at the one month mark.  (Emma's one month post is here.)

Merritt is definitely a different baby than Emma.  For starters, she's a better nurser, and actually doesn't care for formula.  We've tried giving it to her twice at night to help her sleep longer and she'll drink it, but she doesn't love it.  She's also not as fond of bottles either, although she'll take them.

Merritt:  9pm....nurse and go down for bed - we swaddle her in an Aden & Anais easy swaddle.  Much easier for me to do with snaps than actually swaddle!  I may pump if she didn't eat a ton in the last hour, and then I'm out.  Brent is usually out too.  We are both asleep by 10pm.
1:30-2:30 - she wakes and I feed her.  She usually falls asleep fairly fast after feeding and I'm in  bed again within an hour.
4:30-5:30 - she only makes it 2 hours after her first feeding, so Brent gets up here and makes her a bottle.  She rarely finishes it and falls asleep quick.  He either lets her sleep on his chest or puts her in the swing and he'll start his day.  I get to sleep until 6:30-7.  If I get it together, I can get up and get ready for the day before both girls get up.  Merritt may want to feed before 7:15, so I need to make sure I'm up.
7-7:30 - Emma awakes.  Her routine is simple - out of bed, couch, TV, chocolate milk. 

The rest of the day consists of getting Emma to school by 9, feeding Merritt whenever (although trying to get her to go 2-4 hours), and figuring out life with 2 kids.  The first month was not typical because we have only really had school for a small part of it due to the holiday.

The pics below are my favorites - guess what cutie is on the left!!  I am so glad Merritt looks like me.  Emma was Brent's twin, so it's nice to know I had something to do with this child:)




No comments:

Post a Comment