Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Favorites - on a Tuesday???

I have been keeping a running list on my phone of things that have made my life much easier the past 7 weeks.  It's not Friday, but I'm afraid if I don't post them I'll inevitably forget (like the last 2 posts!)
 
So....I'm hoping some of these might become your favorites too!

Babyganics Alcohol-free Sanitizer

This is a life-saver in the winter when my hands are already dry.  Alcohol is drying, plus I didn't like idea of handling Merritt with alcohol on my hands.  I've only been able to find this in store at Buy Buy Baby, but it can be ordered online on lots of sites.


Target Pick-up in store

This service was invaluable, especially the first few weeks.  All you do is shop online, choose a store near you (I'm lucky because there are 3 within 15 minutes of me), then go to customer service and grab your order.  You can add someone else to the order to pickup (great for when a friend says "I'm going to Target..need anything??").  And the prices online are usually cheaper:)


Andy McKee Pandora Station


Don't laugh at me, but I love this station.  It's relaxing, but not too earthy or slow.  I guess it's technically "New Age guitar" (maybe???)  Either way, give it a try when you just need some music in the background.  I love it when we are cooking, have people over, or just sipping coffee. 


Flannel button downs

Nursing has thrown a wrench in my outfit selection.  I don't really love wearing tanks and open cardigans right now.  And nursing wear is slim.....
But, Madewell and Target have some really great flannels on sale.  I love flannel because it's warm, soft, colorful, and functional. I've been living in these for the last few weeks.

These from Madewell are adorable and on sale:)



Target also has a great selection, and you can't beat their prices either.




Baby carriers - Ergo, Solly, and Moby

I knew I would want a baby carrier this time around, so that I could stay more active.  My great friend, and neighbor, just happened to have a few that I could borrow.  So far, the Solly is my favorite.  The fabric is dreamy - so soft, stretchy and it's really easy to use.  I thought it wouldn't be, but one try and I had it.  The Solly is also more portable and fits into my diaper bag.


But I love the Ergo too - a bit more support.  I use the infant insert, but think Merritt will soon be too big for it.


I recently came across a new Moby wrap on the Sodu sell page and snatched it up cheap, and while I love it, it's not as great as the Solly.  The fabric is stiffer, and is harder to wrap.  I do love the green color though:)



Foster's Family dinners

These are incredible! Two awesome friends gave us this as part of our meal calendar (also a lifesaver!)  It's a week's worth of delicious, home-cooked, ready to eat meals.  All I had to do was heat it in the oven for 25 minutes and then enjoy.  The hardest part was deciding what to heat up.  I can't say how great this was (and all the meals friends brought us).  Cooking with a needy newborn was impossible unless Brent was home...which isn't the case during the week as he doesn't get home until 6:45 or so.  I'm already planning on ordering these again this month!


I have tons more favorites on my list - including some great Trader Joe's finds, nursing tops that don't look like nursing tops, and a portable heater......but hopefully these are some great ideas for new moms that you may know in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment