Monday, January 2, 2017

Christmas 2016

Our first Christmas as a family of 4!

Christmas was low key this year, and I was glad for it.  We laugh about it now, because Emma's Christmas was great - I had made sure of that before the baby came.  but, unfortunately, everyone else got the shaft:)  I had a hard time scrambling for ideas for gifts for the rest of my family members and friends, so I am sorry! 

Christmas Eve Eve, we went to the Irons' house for some food, drinks, and singing around the piano.  It was wonderful - yummy and idyllic.  I was surrounded by the most wonderful friends, and Merritt slept most of the time, and Emma played with the other children, so I was kid free for a few hours!



Christmas Eve was spent together as a family - running a few last minute errands, lunch at Jersey Mike's, and then church.



Our first family photo with showers:)


Snuggles after sister is in bed, waiting for Santa!




Christmas Day was great - again, low key.  My friend, Laurie, made us a breakfast casserole so I didn't even have to cook!  It was such a nice gesture and so thoughtful.  The weather was nice out, so we headed to campus to walk around.  We took this photo in front of Wilson Hall....the classroom building where Brent and I met 16 1/2 years ago.  Hard to believe how much life has changed since then!



We celebrated with my parents the next morning, but I didn't take any pictures (probably has to do with the fact that I didn't get much sleep the night before!)  Either way, we had a great time, and it really isn't Christmas until you get to celebrate with all of your family!

I am taking away this year, that this season isn't about gifts or food.  It's about celebrating Jesus and his enormous gift to us.  But for me personally, it's about celebrating everything - the good and the bad.  It's about having a grateful heart, being willing for Jesus to change it with all of life's circumstances.


No comments:

Post a Comment