Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day weekend

We had another awesome holiday weekend with the Buchanan's!  We are so blessed to call this sweet family our friends:)

Emma and I headed down Friday around lunchtime, and Brent would join us the next day after he worked:(  Usually, Emma sleeps in the car, but this time, she was up for most of the trip....and a bit whiny.  She finally fell asleep about 20 minutes before we got there....#FAIL


I didn't get any pictures, but I was fortunate enough to stop and see my dear friend, Myra, and her family who moved to Wilmington a few years ago.  We stopped at her house Friday afternoon for a few hours. Myra was my Young Life leader in highschool, and also on staff in Greensboro while I was at UNCG.  She also lived in Raleigh afterwards, while I was in Durham.  She was such a great example for me, and I dearly miss her!  It was great to catch up with her and see her beautiful kids!!


These three play so well together!



Emma sleep so good next to the bed.  I've learned that she may have a hard time winding down at night, and she will talk constantly.  Then, all of a sudden, she's silent - and out for the count.  It's quite hilarious!



Saturday was a gorgeous day, so we took the boat to Mason's Inlet for some beach time.  How cute are these two girls??!!



I just love this picture - Emma is in heaven with her friends.



Brent arrived around 6pm that night, and we were all happy to see him!  I did, however, really cherish the time I had with Emma alone.  She could not have been more well-behaved and sweet all weekend.



Sunday morning was a bit cloudy and rainy, so the kids had a tea party on the deck with their breakfast.





Brandi and I walked the Loop, and went to Robert's Grocery, while the boys took the kids to Bounce.  They had a blast!!!!  Then, the boys went fishing that afternoon and I took Emma for a drive so she could nap.  When we pulled back to the house, I got Emma out of her seat and she was not ready to wake up, so we snuggled for a half hour. Well...I snuggled her...and it was heavenly, reminding me of when I did that soooo long ago with her fat, chubby cheeks.



After the kids we ate, we set the girls up to watch a movie in their sleeping bags...they had the best time together, it was really sweet.





We had a low country boil for dinner - so delicious!!



Monday, Brent was brave and took all the kids to Chikfila alone so Brandi and I could cruise some shops in Lumina Station (Love!). 

Doesn't everyone do "cheers" with their milk???!?!



It was such a fun weekend.  Our kids all play great together and we just love hanging out with Bill and Brandi.  Sometimes, friendships just come easy, and we are so thankful for them:)


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!  I keep seeing all these "goodbye, summer" posts...but in all honestly, it's gonna be hot and summer-like for the next month or so at least, so I'll keep my flip flops and shorts out a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment