Friday, June 26, 2015

Lake weekend

We have been BUSY this past week!!  Last weekend, we packed up and headed to the lake for the first ski tournament of the season.  We were so fortunate to stay in a friend's camper on site, and loved it.  Emma literally spent ALL DAY in the water.  She did not want to get out, ever.  



I was worried the weather would be too hot, but it was actually really pleasant most of the weekend.



After the tournament, we ate BBQ (cooked on-site) and had a few refreshing beverages:)



Emma would run around all night if I let her.





She also did great on the blow up bed beside us...and had some giggles with Grandpa.





 We woke up Sunday to an absolutely gorgeous day.  It was a bit breezy (not good for skiing, but awesome for spectating!).  I spent some of the morning judging from the tower.



 I just love this place...



And I got to spend some time with my dad on Father's Day:)


I, regrettably, didn't take enough pictures.  I had the best weekend with my family, and left feeling really blessed to have all of them in my life.  I am very thankful for my mom and Brent, who spent the weekend supporting me and my dad.

Sunday morning, I was asked to do the devotion for a little church service that we always do.  I was sooo nervous, but honored to be able to share with my ski family.  I decided to speak on being childlike (Matthew 18:2-4)  I thought that was appropriate for Father's day.  Children are so dependent, so easily entertained, so loving and trusting.  As adults, we don't want to rely on anyone, we don't ask for help, and we take simple things for granted.  I know Christ wants us to be more like children in our humility and dependence on him.  I am learning a lot being a parent, and it's amazing how much I am striving to be more like Emma some days:)

We got home around 7:30 Sunday night...just enough time for a quick packing change to head to the beach early Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment