Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


I haven't been too good at blogging in the past 2 weeks, so here is a snapshot of what we've been up to.....and lucky for me, it happens to be What's Up Wednesday!!

 


What we're eating this week....




What I'm reminiscing about....
College...I know that sounds weird, but every year during graduation time, I think back on when I was graduating college.  I tell my students all the time - enjoy it!  Stay here as long as you can!  The real world isn't that great!!  haha! 
Emma as a baby...I have always relished every stage Emma has been in, and loved watching her grow.  But lately, I am really realizing how grown she is.  And while I love her independence and the ease that that brings me, I am reminded that she will never sleep on my chest again with her little baby booty all scrunched in the air...:(


What I'm loving....
Bright colors, stripes, and colored necklaces - especially this outfit I recently pinned

 

my new Lululemon skirt - on sale:)


My devotional


What we've been up to....
We went car shopping in the rain this past weekend....and while we didn't find what we were looking for, we got an idea of what we wanted...so let the fun begin!


What I'm dreading....
Last week, I had an ultrasound of my pelvis and entire abdomen.  This week, I have to schedule a gastroenterology appointment.  I have had a lot of weird pains, cramps all over my stomach area, and 3 bladder infections this year.  I am nervous that they won't find anything and I will just have to deal with the pain and not know why.  I am also nervous they will find something.  Prayers appreciated please:)


What I'm working on....
Organizing chaos!!  I am slowly trying to downsize our a mount of stuff and get organized.  And also STAY organized.  I think the last part is the hardest. 
We don't have a ton of space in our house (we lack a garage, a linen closet, formal dining room, playroom, and good closet space)  So I need to be really selective with what we have...and get rid of a lot.  I have already taken loads to Goodwill and local consignment shops.  I love this article and wish I had the guts to do it...anyone out there with me???


What I'm excited about....

After giving up the nap after Christmas, this little princess is back at it!  I noticed she would fall asleep around 2-3pm in the afternoon on the couch, so we started doing TV time then.  And then she started napping again at school (what the what???!!!!)  SO far, she has napped everyday, and still slept fine at night. I feel like a new person...and Emma is not nearly as cranky around dinnertime!









What I'm watching/reading....
We watch reruns of the Middle every night on Hallmark.  I am also still reading Seven...and loving it.  we don't have DVR anymore, so we have to be really intentional about watching a show, or just not watch at all.  So far, I am not missing it.  I am just glad to have Nick Jr. for Emma!




What I'm listening to....





What I'm wearing....
a lot of flats, skinny pants, and flowy tops - where is summer???

And today's outfit...


(How do people get amazing outfit selfies???  They must have mad selfie skillz...)



What I'm doing this weekend....
Brent is building a shop in our side yard...so I imagine I will be watching him work on that:)

Currently, our side yard looks like this....




It did look better but the stump grinder guy tore up Brent's retaining wall trying to get to an old stump.  I was the lucky one who got to call Brent and tell him that 5 hours of work had just been pummeled...literally.


What I'm looking forward to next month....
Being off of work!!  I will not work June and July and I CANNOT wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment