Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Favorites

It's Friday - woohoo!  But who am I kidding...I only work 3 days a week, so really yesterday was my Friday:)

Be sure to check out these awesome blogs to see their Friday Favorites as well!


1. Quiche - the world's easiest, cheapest, most versatile meal ever:)

I admit, I make one of these at least 3 times a month.  They are just so dang easy.  And everyone in the family eats it...yes, Emma eats quiche.  I start with a pre-made crust (Trader Joe's is my favorite, but I will also use the Food Lion brand pie crust).  Then add 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half), 3 eggs, 1 cup cheese, and whatever you want inside.  It's a great way to use up lunch meat, bacon, or vegetables when you don't have enough to feed the whole family a serving.  I cook mine at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes - just until the crusts and topping is browning and the quiche jiggles. (yes, jiggles...that's what Ina Garten says, so I'm deeming it a technological term in cooking now).





2. Boho beaded necklaces

I am loving all the wood bead, tassel-ly necklaces this spring.  They are expensive though (ranging from $30-100).  I decided to try my hand at making one...I spent about $15 on supplies (wood beads, thread for the tassels, and glue), but I have enough to make about 20 tassels and string at least 3 more necklaces.


My next projects will be these...


and these......I can't wait!





3. My easy - seasonless make-up routine

I know this seems dumb - who cares about my make-up, right?  But actually I am pretty proud of my routine, because I used to be a Bobbi Brown junkie.  And I mean J.U.N.K.I.E.  I had the trunk case, and every color of every product they made.  I don't know why I did.  Looking back, it's embarrassing really.  And now, I really don't care.  
Nowadays, when I get a makeover at Nordstrom's and they start getting out all the primers, liners, shadows, creams, and sticks....I have to ask them to step back because...


I mean, seriously, who has time for all those steps???  

Truth is, by the time I get to work, my lipstick is already gone because I've been guzzling coffee the whole way there, so I don't have time for touch-ups and such.

Now, I am much less of a brand snob and have branched out.  I've also paired it down to the basics:




1. Bobbi Brown blush in Tawny (here)
2. Clinique Almost Powder Makeup (here)
3. Bobbi Brown Shimmer eye shadow palette (unavailable, but Stone shimmer is my favorite)
4. Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer (here)
5. Maybelline Full 'n Soft mascara (here)
6. Sonia Kashuk brow gel (here)

I normally wear all these items, but if I am just running errands or going to workout, I will just use one of the Clinique products on my face (depending on the season and humidity), and a bit of mascara so I don't look dead.

If I am headed out for something special, I love Stila Convertible Eye Color in Stone, which I am just now realizing is unavailable - ARGH!  If anyone has any suggestions for easy, no-fuss, natural looking eye liner - let me know!


So, there you have it...my Friday Favorites!  Happy weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment