Monday, July 10, 2017

Life lately

I cannot believe we are in July already!  Where has summer gone??!!!  In some ways, the days seem to take forever (that's life with a 5 year old and infant and NO camp or school!).  And in others, life is flying by.  Pretty soon, it will be time for school and routine and I will be hating life:(  As much as Emma drives me crazy some days, I do love not having to go anywhere and being lazy all morning!

Merritt had a cold last week and it really threw her off.  She napped ok but was up a lot at night.  I am still nursing her to sleep, and if she wakes up, I have to nurse her to sleep then too.  I hate it, but it's also easy.  One night, she kept waking up everytime I would put her in the crib, so we finally said she would have to just cry.  And cry it out she did.....and it was successful!  The last 4 times we have walked out, she has put herself to sleep within 5 minutes.  It's a relief for sure, so maybe we are getting somewhere with not getting up at night. 

"Is there anything on my face?"


Emma spent some time in the pool on July 4th and developed a weird rash on her body.  We are just not pool people! Luckily, it didn't bother her, but it was weird with little white bumps.

We ran some errands this week, and Emma was a big helper.  We had to go to the mall and library.  Emma loves to push Merritt in the small stroller...and she can actually do it...because she can see over the handles!  We only ran into a few people...




Friday, we went to the Museum of Life and Science with Emma's teacher from last year, and her kids.  We had the best time!  I didn't know it was so cool outside....almost like the zoo!!  I will definitely be coming back!


Merritt was a rock star - perfectly content to sit and ride.  I fed her there once and surprisingly, there were lots of private spaces for that (one of the main reasons I avoid places is because I don't want to nurse in public).






Friday and Saturday nights were rough (read above) - Merritt was getting up more than once, and having a hard time going back down.  I was disheartened, frustrated, and tired.  I may have even had a bit of a temper tantrum too (sorry, Brent).  I try really, really hard to keep a positive attitude about it - because I know that makes all the difference when you're getting up in the middle of the night, sometimes multiple times.  I just get annoyed - I keep thinking "I'm 7 months in....shouldn't we be further than this by now?"  I know, I know...some kids never sleep through the night....yada yada yada.  I think I need a hissy fit every now and then - I've been getting up once or more a night for the past 7+ months.  I've slept through the night less than 5 times.  Emma was a dream sleeper at 3 months:)  People always ask me how it is with their age difference - and honestly, for me it was hard.  Emma was almost 5 - she was at an easy age and now I've completely backtracked.  We've been out of the diaper, nap, travelling with a ton of crap phase for a few years....and now I'm back in it and it's tough.  I never go anywhere.  I've been out in the evening away from Merritt ONE time.  It's also tough thinking about how far apart they are in age and worrying whether they will play well together or if Emma is just too old now.  All these worries weigh me down and of course, when I'm tired and losing confidence in parenting, it's a recipe for disaster.  So, if you think of it and you have any advice, words of wisdom, please share them with me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment