Thursday, June 9, 2016

Playhouse!!!

A few weeks ago, I was at work and got on Facebook.  I noticed a lady in Durham selling an awesome playset for $100, so I quickly texted Brent asking whether he thought I should try to get it.  He said yes (albeit he would have to go get it, take it apart, transport it, then put it back together - and it's not a one man job).  Funny enough, I was lucky to have commented first, because like 20 women after me wanted it (it's first comment gets it on this site).  I was sort of laughing to myself because I could see these other husbands' faces when their wives told them they would be taking on this challenge.  I don't mean to brag, but Brent is BEYOND handy.  And this was no small task.  It took 3 truckloads, and at least 2 men to get the thing to our house...over 2 long evenings. 
 
Thank you, dad, for dropping everything to help us get it and then put it together:)
 
 

 
 
We then had to pressure wash and bleach the entire thing.   It is made of cedar, so it cleaned up nicely.  But there were still a few pieces of lumber that needed to be replaced, and it needed a new roof. 
 
The pile of pieces sat in our yard for a week because we were out of town, and/or it rained.  But this past Tuesday, Brent had off and got to town working on it.  Luckily, the day was not too hot, but he worked his tail off.
 
He was able to get it put together, minus the roof and picnic table below the treehouse.  Emma and I will stain it next week.  I will take more pics as we get it finished....and I'm sure there will be many, many pics of Emma playing on it.
 
 



 

 

 

 

 
 
And excuse the mess, we are still working on our yard plan after completing the shed.  It includes stone paver steps, some planting beds, and a fire pit.  And now, I am thinking we may do some things around the playhouse to make it look like it "belongs" there.  I am loving it - and am so thankful for the hard work Brent does to make our house a home:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment