Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekend recap

Not much to report on here.  It was a low key weekend.  Brent spent his free time putting the roof on his shop, and Emma and I did small errands and cleaning around the house. 

Saturday afternoon, we had a wedding, so we got dressed up and fancy.

Before we left, I made Emma take a picture with me.  She insisted on bringing her sunglasses and phone (who remembers the Blackberry?!?!? Best phone ever!)



We had a great time, and it was a very tasteful, meaningful wedding and reception.  The food and drink was delicious, and MacGregor Downs Country Club is particularly nice:)




But no matter how fancy we get, we still blared country music on the way home and thought about stopping at the lake for some moonlight tailgating.  I guess you can dress us up, but can't hide the redneck.



Sunday, we skipped church to have some lazy couch time.  I have to give a shout-out to my man for completing the F3 6 pack challenge.  This guy got up at 5am everyday last week (including Saturday) to workout.  I am super proud of him:)



Emma and I went to the grocery store together, and she insisted on bringing baby and her grocery cart.  She actually did awesome shopping with me and we had NO collisions (or ankles taken off!)







I ordered Champps takeout for dinner because I was really craving some fettucini alfredo, and there's is amazing.  It was a perfect, low key Sunday - not too much work, some fun, and family time.

I'm back at work today for our first week of class.  I'm excited for my students, but had to leave the house this morning before Emma awoke.  I hate that.  
But I realize how fortunate I am to have at least a few days a week with her.  Being a stay at home mom this summer gave me such new perspective on how precious that time is.  
I got to be with Emma all day, all week.  We spent so much time doing fun things together, and there are many parents who can't do that.  
I am extremely grateful:)

No comments:

Post a Comment