Friday, August 14, 2015

Fri-Yay!

It's Friday...and it has been a busy week - second week back working, second week missing Emma, and students have officially returned and moved in...classes starting Monday. I am excited for them, and getting more used to the idea of working again (man....being off in the summer totally ruined me!)

I don't have as organized a list as last Friday for my favorites.....but a snippet will do for this week:)

The big news this week....
I finally think I have found the perfect hair color for me.  My hair was getting wayyyyy too blonde on top, so we toned it down, added highlights all over, and added a low light.  
Thank God, yall.  
A friend's daughter asked me why my hair was black underneath a few weeks ago...and that's when I knew I needed to make some changes.  At least 50% of the time, my hair makes it into a ponytail - so just half head highlights weren't cutting it anymore.  I'm super excited and feel so much better about myself:)

Post salon selfie.....



Cooler weather...Emma and I walked to the park and I hardly broke a sweat.  
Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!  
I actually tried driving with my windows down the past few mornings, and got cold!  It was glorious.





Speaking of cooler weather, I tried these 2 new recipes this week...and they will be on repeat quite a bit this fall - delicious!

Pesto chicken - source
Chili-Pasta Skillet
Chili-Pasta skillet - source


This pictures makes me crack up.  Can we just pause for a moment and appreciate the sheer terror on Brent's face as Emma waves a knife around?????  You're welcome, B.



Since Emma is back in school, she has started to bring home more art.  I love all of these, and I keep all of them.  Yup - ALL of them.  This month's theme was very fitting, given Brent's constant work on his "castle."  Emma thinks she is somethin else when she straps her tool belt on and pretends to help Daddy:)



And in other news...I finally took the plunge and opened an etsy shop.  I have been making jewelry for years and years now.  I remember going to a bead shop with my mom when I was 10.  So, I have finally mustered up enough courage to sell some things.  I design a lot of my own pieces, but I also take inspiration from others (mostly because I can't afford their versions).  My rule is...if I wouldn't pay that much for it, then I won't charge that.  I love Twine and Twig...but I can't justify it (still waiting for that lotto win!)  I love making things, so it's not really work (yet) for me.  I made a few things to sell to friends at a ski tournament this summer and had great success, so I decided to do a bit more.  I've had numerous compliments from strangers on my pieces, and I can finally give them a legit place to buy it if they feel so inclined.  Don't get me wrong, I'm paranoid doing this.  It's very scary to put yourself out there, which is why etsy is a good start for me.  I don't know these people and probably never will!  I'm not good at criticism, so if you have some, just leave it for yourself:)

This week, I made my first sale:)  Then had 3 more orders sell in the next 2 days!  All of sudden, it became real!



So, Happy Friday friends!!  
May your weekend be filled with smiles, hugs, wine, good food, family, friends, and some time outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment