Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow, snow, and MORE snow.....

I won't complain yet, but we have had three snow storms in the last 2 weeks.  Don't laugh...I know they weren't really "storms" but it was snow to us southerners.

I really enjoy snow and the cold, but the change in regular schedules is really starting to throw Emma and I off our routine.  Not to mention that Brent never gets a snow day...so he's not home to enjoy it with us much:(

Tuesday's snow caught everyone off guard.  They weren't really calling for it and we woke up that morning to a white covered ground. Daycare and work were both cancelled.  Brent went in a little later and came home a bit early, so that was a blessing.  But for the most part, it was just Emma and I.



I thought I would sake things up and get my old toys down from the attic. 


I found doll clothes handmade by my grandmother, Barbies, and vintage stuffed animals.  Emma loved them and has had a blast playing with them.


We actually did not go outside to play in the snow at all that day.  I guess it just seemed like a lot of trouble to get all dressed for not a whole lot of snow.  We did take pictures though...
 



 
 
I also made Brent take us to Target for a few items and entertainment when he got home.  Emma went in totally mismatched pajamas and was running around the store like she owned the place.
 







Wednesday we had a delay and things were really melting. But they were really calling for a big storm that night into Thursday.  I thought I might try and grab a few extra things at Target on the way home from work.......
 


Which was a huge mistake!  I walked right out the door as soon as I saw these lines!


That night, we got about 6 inches of really wet snow.  It was beautiful but tree limbs were snapping and a lot of people lost power.  We were really fortunate to have no real damage (except for some Leland cypress trees in the backyard that I LOVE) and have heat and electricity.
 
I had stopped at Whole Foods Wednesday morning on my way into work and bought some fresh banana nut bread and fruit.  I made eggs for breakfast to go with it.  I was determined to at least have a healthy breakfast to start out day.  All this snow has made me want to just sit around and eat carbs all day...right???

 
We had a giant 30 foot limb come within inches of hitting both cars...
 
 













 
We went for a short walk with the Winslow's to check out the snow!
 

Then posed for some pictures to send dad...


 
How cute is her smile here?!?!
 








Thankfully, my parents came over after lunch to hang out and we went on a longer walk with Emma. The snow was really too slushy to sled anymore,  but it was nice to be outside. Cabin fever has really set in for me and I'm dying to get out!
 
We made a snowman...and after perusing the neighborhood snowmans, I must say this one is lame.  I will have to work on my snowman building for future snows.
 
 
 
 
Brent got home and we decided to just rest inside.  It was really wet and slushy out by this point, Emma was fine to just chill on the couch before dinner.
 
We finished our night with some homemade hot chocolate (the kind that comes from milk and cocoa powder and sugar...not some packet).  We drank it together by the fire:)
 


 

 
 


 
 
 And as soon as we put Emma to bed, I saw this.....
 
 
Work was closed for Friday but I had already resolved to take Emma to school for a little while for some regular routine (and honestly, I just need a little break!)  But I guess it's not happening!  We will manage:)
 
I think the hard part about snow days is that life stops (sort of)....which is great for a while, and then it gets really old.  And you just long to get back to normalcy.  It'd be great if we could have snow and enjoy it, but also still be able to work and not have everything outside the home cancelled.  I guess for now I'll just take what I can get...I hear it's supposed to be almost 70 next week.  And while I like being outside in warm weather, I'm not ready to skip spring completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment