Monday, February 23, 2015

SNOW week!

I love winter and wish it would snow more often here.  Because we live in the south, we rarely get what I would consider a REAL winter....so, when it does do anything remotely close to frozen precip, I get really excited!!

Brent did have to go in all week, but had shortened hours (went in later and came home early).  It was really nice to have him home for some of our outings, and enjoy some good, warm, cuddly time together as a family!

I picked up Emma early from daycare on Monday.  It wasn't supposed to start until the evening, but everything basically shut down at 3pm in time for people to get home.  Emma was super excited!!!









We snuggled on the couch, waiting for the first snow flakes to fall!!




Dad shut the store down early and got home to make us a fire!




We went outside to check out the snow!  Emma is finally at an age where she can really enjoy it, so I was really excited!



Neighbors and great friends!  Daddy-daughter snow pic!







If we were inside, we spent much of our time snuggled on the couch watching Olivia.  Emma had a bad cold too, so I didn't want her to overdo it on activity.



The next day was a frozen wonderland (sort of).  Brittni and I (being husbandless) took the girls out for a walk on the sled.  Emma loved pulling Brooklyn along.












We had a blast playing at Brooklyn's after being outside.





Brent got home early and we immediately went for a walk and did some sledding down out street.



Wednesday, we got another dusting of snow, and this time, it really came down.  It was absolutely beautiful.









Wednesday night, Emma developed a really bad, loud cough that kept us all up that night.  She had this before around Christmas, so I was sure it was just cold.  But she was running a fever, and some other kids around us had had croup, so I decided to take the day keep her out of school, and go to the doctor.

I let her stay in her jammies all day....it is by far her number 1 request.  Every morning she gets up, the first thing she says is "you got your jammies on?"  She hates getting dressed and would live in jammies if she could.  

I, however, got dressed for the day. I also let Emma have some makeup while getting ready.  She loves for me to put make up on her face:)



We went to Target first, and I let her pick out a doctor kit for her doll.  I thought this would make going easier, since she really never has to go.  Plus, she'd been super good all week and the poor thing didn't feel well.











She loved it!  And even tried it out on that cats!



The doctor went fine too, and they said she might have croup but they didn't want to put her on steroids.  (Not sure that rationale, but whatevs).  Miraculously, her cough went away after the appointment, and she's been slowly battling her way out of the cold since.

It was a completely weird, but fiu week.  I hardly worked, Emma went to daycare for a total of 5 hours all week, and Brent was home with us a lot:)  We made a lot of fires, cooked some hot, comfort meals, and did a lot of snuggling.  Some people hate cold weather and snow....I say...bring it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment