Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Brrrrrrrrr!!!!


I LOVE cold weather.  I always joke that I was born in the wrong part of the country.  I long for winter...REAL winter..you know, where it snows instead of is rainy and 40 degrees?????  

I am hoping with this trend that I will get my wish this year...I can not believe how cold it has been, but I am not complaining at all!

Friday, we headed to my parents and picked them up for a visit to Southern Season.  Emma knows the is going to get a little something from Stacy in the candy department..and her favorite is orange slices (who knew?!)


I made her pose by the Christmas tree at the store (can we just stop for a minute and talk about how cute her outfit is???  Yes, I picked it out for her!)


One the way home, we stopped at McDonald's for some chicken nuggets (I know it seems like this is all I feed her...but stop judging.  She's actually underweight for her age, so I figure it will do her some good.)  I looked back and saw this...I think she was so tired, she wasn't sure whether she wanted to eat the nugget or fall asleep!



Saturday, we had tickets to the game.  I practically had to drag Brent along.  He kept talking about how cold it was going to be, yadda yadda yadda.  

Well, he was right.  Even though we were bundled up like Eskimos, it was freezing.  Normally, we praise God for our shady seats, but this day, there was about a 20 degree difference between sun and shade.  We barely made it to the 2nd quarter before needing to warm up.  We met some friends over on the sunny side and watched some of the game there, and I almost needed to take off my coat.





We always make a point to see Miss Brooklyn outside the BlueZone.  Now that Brooklyn is walking, these 2 are having a blast together.  And it cracks me up because Emma loves Clint (Brooklyn's dad) and Brooklyn always runs right to Brent.  I guess Brittni and I are just not cool enough:)


Sunday morning, I woke up with the sniffles and some serious head congestion.  (Thankfully, it went away as fast as it came and I felt fine after one day).  But Emma had also had a runny nose since she got the flu mist, so I decided to keep us at home from church.  Emma got super cranky in the house, so I thought a walk to the park may help.  She refused to put her clothes on, so we went in pjs.




Brent had to go to church because he does the lights for the service, so we took some pictures to send him.  (Please excuse my appearance..remember, I have a cold and clearly didn't shower yet.)





















And just for the record, I did not tell her to go down the slide head first...she did it all on her own.  And I probably should have told her no, but really...life is short, play hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment