Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wrapping up September...

We have had some really fun weekends lately, and I am so fortunate to be able to work part time.  This flexibility allows me to really enjoy my weekends and not worry about getting all the laundry, grocery shopping, errands, cleaning, etc...done in a two day span.

We used to go to Fridays on the Front Porch a lot more often, but it just seemed like this summer, we rarely made it.  The weather has been so mild that I don't know why we didn't take better advantage of it.  We did go this past weekend, and had a blast!
Emma tried to walk into a Frat house....classic.

Emma adores Brooklyn...our neighbor.  I think she is trying to hug her here...that, or wrestle her to the ground for some puffs.

Emma tried her hand at dancing on the lawn for a few seconds...with a BOY.

Sweet Brooklyn was the only photogenic child that evening.

Emma was busy texting all of her friends...

Until Clint got there...whom she loves!


The last weekend in September, Beaver Lake had their last tournament of the year, and it was absolutely gorgeous!


Emma had a blast!  She didn't really want to get into the water (it was chilly!), but she ran around all day!










Saturday night, we had a potluck dinner, and a band on the dock.  It was one of the best times I've had in awhile.  




 Brent and Emma went home Saturday night, and I stayed with my dad in Ahoskie.  Sunday morning, we hit up the nicest restaurant in town (I'm not kidding when I say that)....Bojangles!


That afternoon, we went shooting on the property.  One of the guys there had an AR 10, and asked if I wanted to try it.  It was terrifying and awesome all at the same time.  He took a video of me shooting, and I captured the exact frame here where the shot came out.  It was pretty cool.


I also shot a 45mm and my dad's 9mm.  I have to say I liked the 9mm much better, and I might have to ask for a girlie pink one someday soon. The 45 was a lot of gun, but still fun to shoot.


The end of September also marks Brent's birthday.  We took him to a little Italian restaurant that night in our neighborhood where some church friends of ours play music for free on the last Tuesday of the month.  It was so authentic - I felt like we were in Italy (or New Jersey....same thing)!!



They brought Brent some tiramisu...and it was delicious!!


And now...October!  I am excited for fall, leaves changing colors, and crisp air!


No comments:

Post a Comment