Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pumpkin patch

When Brent has to work on a Saturday, he gets a day off in the middle of the week.  I knew immediately this would be THE day to take Emma to the pumpkin patch.  Last year, we went to Ganyard Farms on a weekend day, and while it was fun, it was WAY TOO CROWDED.  I hate crowds, and I know it makes Emma a bit standoff-ish too.  This year, we decided to go a bit further out into the country to Hill Ridge farms.  It's about an hour away, but a pretty ride, and no one's ever accused me of being afraid of a good drive:)

We had a great time together as a family.  It's one of those days I will remember with a big smile - just my guy, my girl, and a lot of sunshine and fun.

Emma begged for a pony ride.  When it started, she commensed to screaming for "daddy."  So I let him hold her around the ring, and I took the pictures.  This "daddy's girl" thing gets a bit old.  Emma seems to forget that I'm the parent that takes care of daily (and spoils her.....)


























Emma also loves a train ride...or hay ride. We took some family selfies....I love how Emma says "cheeeese."









It could not have been any nicer out there.  We were blessed with a beautiful day.





The bouncy thing was by far her favorite activity there.  We did it twice....she loved it and was fearless (much to my dismay).





















On the hayride, we ran into some friends from Raleigh...here is Emma and sweet Molly.


Emma also went down the giant 80 ft. slide.  I went first with her, and Brent filmed it.  I can't seem to upload it now, but you can hear Emma at the top saying "no! no!" and me telling the guy that works there "yes, yes, we are ready!"  (like any parent would do...force their child into something!)




We came home and Emma and I went to Lowe's for some fall plants!  Her determination to help at any and all costs is cute...although frustrating when I'm wanting to get in and out quickly!






I love decorating for seasons, and I felt a bit behind this year.  Emma helped and I was pretty proud of our accomplishments that day!









No comments:

Post a Comment