Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Just life...

I don't have any special title for this post...just life lately.  Emma came down with a fever the other week, and was pitiful.  I got the call from daycare around 5pm on my way home, and decided to take her in to the doctor.  Her fever was over 102, and she had been coughing a lot lately (so I was paranoid about the new respiratory virus). Thankfully, it was just an ear infection, and she bounced back after a few days.

Waiting to be seen by the doc...bless her heart!!

She fell asleep on the couch.  This NEVER happens.  I see friends' posts about their kids falling asleep at random spots and I wonder how that happens...because she never does this!

She felt a little better one morning, so I took her to the mall.  She usually is just content to sit in the stroller when she doesn't feel well.



We did a ton of yard/house work the past few weekends.  Brent pressure-washed the whole driveway and both porches, fixed the mailbox (that some drunk ran into one night), and seeded, fertilized the lawns.  Emma is at an age where she can "help," which is nice.  We can all be outside together, or I can go inside and get some laundry, cleaning, etc... (the list never ends) done.

Add caption


Friday, I went to the lake with my dad.  Fall is definitely approaching and these days won't happen for long.  It was beautiful, and we had a great time.  Emma stayed at home with my mom (and they also had a blast!)



"We're at the lake, and you're not!!!!!!"

I love my daddy:)


Emma requested a cookie after lunch...shocker.




The sweetest girl ever...

This past weekend was a crazy one.  We had Brent's parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and the 4 cousins come stay with us.  This is not something I can handle on a regulat basis, as my house is not big enough for that many people.  But it went well!  I did go through 2 rolls of paper towels, 2 trash bags, 2 dishwasher loads, 4 loads of laundry, and a lot of wine.  I don't know how the Duggar's survive!!!



We went to eat lunch at Nantucket Sunday morning, and the kids loved playing outside.  How awesome is the cooler weather, finally!!!
 After everyone left on Sunday, Brent and I took Emma to University mall to try on some shoes at Glee.  We also went to Southern Season to get some ice cream, but I guess they have closed the ice cream parlor down????  Anyway, we got some muffins and scones instead.  On the way out, Emma found this fan.....watch out Fabio!!!




It has been a busy, productive, fun, chaotic last few weeks.  But we have loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment