Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer....

I love the water - being in it, skiing, boating, you name it!  Thankfully, Emma does too.....

We joined my parents out at Jordan Lake one night last week for some skiing.




My dad is always super silly with Emma...I love it:)




Saturday, we headed to Beaufort for a long weekend.  Before we went, Emma had to potty.  She hasn't actually done anything in the potty yet, but she is excited about sitting there, and pretends to wipe herself.  I plan on tackling the whole potty training thing later this summer:)







Emma napped for most of the trip, but when she wasn't sleeping...she was super happy.  She loves to dance to music, and is OBSESSED with her puzzles.  (Puzzles in the car is somewhat of a challenge...)



While walking aroung downtown Beaufort, Emma spotted this little pooch.  She was in heaven.


I was really excited to check out Southern Frock's this store, and it did not disappoint.  They have really cute things there, and the owner was working this past weekend too, so I got the chance to meet her (and she is super sweet as well!).  I picked up this adorable romper, but in the navy and white print.  Her clothes are really versatile and comfortable - 2 things that are key when making purchases.


And can we just talk about how cute this jumpsuit is????????  It was all I could do not to buy it every color.



After strolling around downtown, we dodged the rain showers at dinner....and were just happy to be together.



Sunday morning, we headed to Shackleford Banks, bright and early! I'm super proud of my "mom" skills - pulling Emma's hair into pig-tails.  Don't laugh...doing a toddler's hair is much more of a challenge that you might think....





Emma was ready with her beach toys!  She had an absolute blast out there, and finally napped on the way in....So we took our time and cruised the waterfront so she could continue sleeping (on me...with her head on my chest and arms and legs wrapped around me..it was heaven because I know she won't do that for much longer)






































It was really windy that day, but we had a great time anyway.  I did, however, spend too much time worrying about Emma getting too much sun and forget to put sunscreen on myself.  My back feels like sandpaper today...



Sunday night, we tried a new place in Morehead..Red Fish Grille..which was really tasty.  Then let Emma get some more energy out at the park nearby.


On our way out Monday, I had to stop at my favorite store...Haley and the Hound.  Sadly, I didn't buy anything (much to my husband's credit), but was able to try on their new dress line.  They do daily specials, so I have my eye on a few:)



We stopped at The Friendly Market and picked up some fresh corn and tomatoes for dinner that night.  It was hard to be back home (and in reality), but at least we had some fresh corn on the cob!  Let summer begin!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment