Thursday, June 12, 2014

A TWO year old!

Sweet Emma turned 2 yesterday.....and I couldn't be more proud of this little girl.  She is growing to be the most caring, loving, and thoughtful girl.  I love her so much that my heart aches sometimes.  It is truly amazing that God has made this little girl just for Brent and I.

We both took the day off...it is something I did last year for her birthday and it is a tradition that we will carry out from now on.  I think since we are working, it is really important that we spend this ONE day with her.  I want her to feel loved and special everyday...but especially on this day.

My parents used to hang streamers from the doorway in my house, so I wanted to continue this tradition for Emma's birthday.










I had gotten her a crib for her stuffed animals (all a ploy to get her to tuck them in at night and NOT have them in her crib so she can focus on sleeping), and also a LeapFrog kids laptop.  I saw a woman shopping with one last week and her child was as content as can be in the stroller playing with this thing.  I stopped her and had to know what it was, where she got it, how much it was, the whole story!  Luckily, it is no expensive and I know Emma will love it.  I'm not judging here...but I refuse to let my 2 year old play with my $500 ipad...if only because it actually belongs to work!










 Sweet Virginia, who works with Brent, also had some presents for her to open - and she loved them!!












After opening, we went outside to play.....













The we showered, got dressed, and headed to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast!









Our plan that day was to take her to Build-A-Bear.  Of course, we walked into Southpoint to the spot where the store USED to be and found out if had closed there.  Seriously?  Good thing Crabtree had one and it was only a 25 minute drive.






Of course, Emma picked a dog...a beautiful golden retriever.  Brent and I are in trouble when she realizes that real dogs are options....







Fluffing her new dog!!



Walking out with her loot....



I don't know if she was more excited about the new dog or the box...





Afterwards, we headed home for a nap.  Then had a very small party at Chikfila because it was kids night!  Emma's still a little afraid of the cow...she loves to be near him...but won't hug or high five him yet.  She will "moo" at him though....I think that's a good sign!
















No luck getting a good family photo...but not for lack of trying!!





Elsa from Frozen was one of the face paint/balloon art gals.....




Emma was not a fan of the balloon art...she wouldn't hold the flower at all.  


We had a blast spending this special day with her - I'm already wishing her birthday was more often!!!  Happy Birthday, Emma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment