Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Soaking up summer...

I cannot believe that August is here and summer is almost over.  A) I deserve an award for staying at home ALL day EVERY day with these 2 rascals.  B) I will miss our carefree schedule once school starts, for sure.

Here's a look back at the last few weeks!

We love morning boat trips with grandpa to Jordan Lake.  Merritt stays home because it's just for big girls:)


Thanks to our swim lessons, Emma is making soooo much progress in the water.  She used to be very afraid of getting her head wet (essential for swimming...IMO).  She finally conquered her fears and can't stop going under!!!


I love these times with my dad and Emma...it's a great way to start my weekend!



Fearrington Village has a storytime on Tuesdays that we've gone to a few times.  Emma loves the goats and I love being out there.




On nice afternoons, we may head out for a neighborhood walk so Merritt can get her last cat nap. 


Emma brings her baby along too..


We walked all the way to Food Lion one time.....


We go to the gym 2-3 times a week and the girls do great in childcare.  Emma likes to "workout" too.


We have enjoyed going to the lake 2 hours away also....


and doing backyard pool:)


I've found a secret beach at Jordan Lake that I take the girls to as well.  It's tucked away and secluded and we have the place to ourselves:)




This pop-up from Ikea has been a God-send in the heat - instant shade!



While I'm not exactly "relaxing" on the beach by myself, these girls sure are sweet company!


This smile says it all!!  We are loving the water this summer!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment