Friday, April 21, 2017

Spring break 2017!

Right after Merritt's baptism, Emma was on spring break.  I had been toying with the idea of going to the beach with the girls by myself for a few days.  But then Merritt had a bad night of sleep (up every 1-2 hours), and I got nervous about travelling alone and dealing with all that solo.  Thankfully, she slept good Sunday night, so I decided to do it.  I left Monday morning when I knew Merritt would nap in the car, and we headed to Wrightsville Beach!


Unfortunately, Merritt woke up an hour in and I had to stop in Rose Hill (????) to feed her.  I was dying at this sign at the establishment I stopped at.  Any takers???  Sounds yummy, right???


First stop was to see my longtime friend, Tommy, and his new baby.  Owen is only a month old and adorable.




Anna and I took the babes onto the beach - it's kind of like snow with kids....an hour to get ready, 20 minutes outside:)  Merritt had not napped since the car ride down, so she was done.  And I couldn't get her to fall asleep out there.  Emma, meanwhile, was in the ocean - the freezing cold ocean.  Kids...smh.



I bought this pop-up shade tent and I think we will get a ton of use out of it!


Merritt's first feel of the ocean!


We headed over to the Buchanan's house.  These sweet, sweet friends are so generous to let us come down and we just LOVE spending time with them!!


Emma and Emma Miller played, while I nursed Merritt....not a bad view at all!!!!


Don't judge....I alternate between water and wine when nursing:)


The kids were so in love with Merritt! 



I noticed these photos later that night - Emma Miller had taken them and they are precious.



The next morning, we ran some errands and went to Duck Donuts.....sooo delicious!!


We also played at the park.  I wanted to go to the beach, but thought it best to time it right with Merritt's nap, and I didn't want to be all dirty and sweaty for the ride home. So we packed up mid afternoon (reluctantly...I could have stayed forever)



Within 20 minutes, both kids were out.  Unfortunately, Merritt woke up after an hour and screamed the whole way home.  I stopped TWICE to feed her, which was a FAIL.  All she wanted to do was stare up at me and smile (not cool, kid).  We hit bad traffic and I was super stressed.  The only thing that kept me from losing it was the fact that a few hours earlier, a mom and her 2 sons were in a horrific accident on I-40.  I actually passed it after the fact, and saw where the car had caught on fire and sadly, one son didn't make it.  I couldn't get it out of my mind....how horrendous and horribly tragic.  As bad as it was to listen to Merritt scream in the car, I know that mom would give anything for that.  Geesh....can't even think about it without tearing up.


As far as the trip goes, it was a success though.  Emma slept with me in a king bed, and I put Merritt beside me in a travel crib.  She woke up once and I fed her, and Emma was never bothered. 

The next day, I took the girls to the mall to walk around and have lunch at our favorite spot - Nordstrom Bistro.  I could seriously eat there every day....I have a problem.


I also took Emma to Target to get some new shorts and shirts.  Their Cat and Jack line is seriously cute, and I let Emma pick out what she wanted.  She is SUPER picky, so getting dressed is a struggle.  She tried to buy this hideous shirt that said "I love Tacos" on it....NO.  Hellz No.


Merritt loves to sit in her bouncer outside.  This one was Emma's and we use it outside because it is way to big for our already cluttered house!


Thursday, we worked out at the gym then my mom took us out for Brizz pizza!  I had a beer and we sat outside.  It was glorious!!!


Friday, Brent was off, so we got dressed in cute clothes and went to the Fearrington!  My mom bought the girls this matching set and it is too cute.



The weather was gorgeous - perfect for sitting outside and walking around to see the cows.


I fed Merritt on the Adirondack chairs to this stunning view:)


We ate at The Granary outside...I had a cocktail (yummmm), and shrimp and grits.





I am trying to get back with my jewelry.....although it is hard with this one around:)


Emma had a birthday party Saturday afternoon...


and they painted kitty pictures.  I like to think that Emma is more of an impressionist/abstractionist:)


Sunday, we went to church (duh).  Merritt woke up during the sermon and sweet Brent held her so I could sit in peace and listen (a rare thing!)


That afternoon, we went to my parents for a egg hunt and dinner.


Emma was all about the hunt...


We had grilled salmon outside, and it was heavenly.  I splurged and brought over a $15 bottle of rose.....and if you know me, while I love wine, I hate to spend a ton because we literally have some every night (my pour is about half a restaurant pour...so don't judge).  I'm spoiling myself....and I'm going to regret it!


We tried hard for a family photo......


and settled on this one.  I love Merritt's expression here!



Then we took a family selfie - Love these peeps!!!!!!


I hope everyone else had an awesome week and Easter!!!!  I'm kind of looking forward to getting back to routine, but I loved every minute with my family!!!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome spring break week! And you look fabulous, send me your secrets. And I need some new jewelry, not getting any new clothes so summer jewelry will have to do!

    ReplyDelete