Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Dance class!

Emma loves dancing and singing....she can recite the lines and moves to all the Disney movies she has watched, sometime even after just one viewing:)  So, I have wanted to get her into a dance class, but was hesitant with my work schedule, and also just had no clue where to take her.  A friend recommended Studio A in Chapel Hill and said it was super laid back.  I wasn't sure if "ballet" was the prefect fit for Emma, and this class that was recommended is "movement" so they do all sorts of dance.  When I found out her friend, Jane, from school was also in the class, and another friend's little girl, I was sold.  Emma changed her mind about 30 times the day before and day of the class.....but I finally convinced her to give it a shot.  I picked her up at 12, and we went to Jersey Mike's for lunch (bribery), and then headed there.  As soon as she walked in, she wanted to change into her sparkly outfit (courtesy of older cousins who took dance and gymnastics) and walked right into the dance room.  She didn't even look back.  She smiled and laughed the whole time.  It was awesome - for her and me.  I got to chat with Jane's mom, so all were happy:)

The pictures below aren't great, but you get it....Emma has already asked to go again today (SMH)











I am so excited for this new season of being a stay at home mom and getting to take Emma to fun activities like this, and of course, hang out with other moms:)

No comments:

Post a Comment