Monday, April 25, 2016

Catching up...

I haven't been a very good blogger lately...I know all 3 of you are super disappointed in me:)

Life is just rolling along...we are enjoying lots of time outside and time with friends.  Most weeks are filled with work and daily household chores, and weekends have been spent with friends, at the lake, or at church.

Emma loves to snuggle with the cats, and I must say..it's adorable and they are so patient with her.  What cats do you know that would allow this to happen????



I had to take Emma to work with me one afternoon for a workshop, and she was adorable in the classroom.  She loves being with Brent and I when we are doing "adult" things - like watching me workout, sitting with us through the WHOLE church service.  I think she really enjoys watching us do things we don't normally do in the house.  It's a bit of a struggle, because there are legit childcare places she should be during these times.







Spirit week at school - Emma was Doc McStuffins one day and WAS NOT FEELING IT.



The next day she got to wear her princess dress and I swear, the child grinned from ear to ear ALL day.



We headed to the lake for some spring cleaning.  Emma did such a good job raking!







It was the most gorgeous day there!





And of course, Emma was completely worn out by the end of the day!



Monday of last week, we all headed to Ikea.  Of course, we stopped at Cracker Barrel for some pancakes to fuel up!  They have the best gifts there, and Emma walked out with a butterfly dress and wings:)  She was super pumped!





She did fairly well there - it's definitely a bit more fun without kids (sorry, Emma).  But I was prepared with the ipad.




We stopped at Lexington BBQ on the way home, and since Emma was out cold, we took it home.  It was the best excuse to buy a ton of BBQ and slaw to nibble on all week!



Emma fell on the playground right when I picked her up one afternoon and scraped her arm pretty good.  The fake grass/astro-turf stuff is really nice for when it rains and not getting puddles, but awful on the skin!





We had to meet Brent's sister at the mall because she was in town and had just gotten engaged, so I cheered Emma up with a trip to Pottery Barn kids.  We didn't buy anything, but she loves to play with the toys (which is probably frowned upon by the employees but oh well)




Our sweet friends next door had their second child, Eleanor Thursday last week!  



Emma was super pumped because we got to pick up Brooklyn from school and hang out with her one evening.



 They played really well together...much to Swerve's dismay!







Emma had a birthday party at the park Saturday, and had a blast - they even had a pinata:)



She also enjoyed running errands with me...of course, we had an iced mocha at Joe Van Gogh's:)



Sunday we went to church.  Emma wanted to wear this old purse of mine - that I think my grandparents brought back from Australia for me when I was a little girl.


We have a busy week ahead - Peace is in their last week of class, and exams start Friday.  Then my Uncle and Aunt are coming this weekend to visit - which is always a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment