Thursday, January 16, 2014

So far in 2014....

So far, 2014 has been good.  Brent getting a BAD cold/slight flu (I say slight flu because he did have the flu shot...) for over a week threw a bit of a curve ball into my "no-stress" plans for the year.  Coupled with it also being the first week of class for me and my bad cold, we are just trucking along in the Talley household.  I must admit, I have been doing really good.  I don't handle sickness very well - especially when Brent is sick.  He is my rock, my support.  If he is sick, I fall to pieces.  I have been handling being super mom, super wife, and super worker pretty good.  I had one small meltdown and that was all....so far.  Emma has, thus far, been spared of this crud and we have managed to still have a blast with her.  Several of you know I have been very worried about her speech, and she is doing better.  We are working hard on it and praising her every time she says words.  She talks when she is with us and says 10-15 words.  Apparently, she does not talk at school, though, which concerns me.  She did say "duck" one day this past week.  Maybe she is shy, or too smart for the other kids...who knows.  All I know is it stresses the be-jesus out of me.  Please keep this in your prayers - if for nothing else but my sanity (or insanity!)
Here's our life so far...in pictures:)

A recent lunch break trip to Target for diapers ended with Emma's first pair of faux Ugg's...how cute is she in these?!!!




I'd say she likes them! She kept stomping all around the floor in delight because they are a bit heavier than her normal shoes.


I caught her searching for Swerve on day...she pulls up the bed skirt and yells "HI" over and over.  Poor cat...


  We also have a climber...




My mom's birthday was last Thursday, so we celebrated Sunday afternoon.  Emma loved helping "Gamma" open her presents!


and wearing it.....


"oooh...what's in here?!?!?"




It's not pictured here, but I knitted my mom a scarf.  I am no Martha with the knitting needles, but I can make scarfs and hats.  I have actually made quite a few scarves - probably 20 or so.  My mom picked out some yarn for me to knit her a scarf 3 years ago. Yes, THREE years ago.  I started it, but then life just got in the way and I hadn't knitted in years.  I decided to pick it up right after Christmas and I finished it for her last week.  For those of you wanting a quick, easy craft (that's wearable - a plus in my book!), knitting scarves is super easy!!  The hard parts are casting on and off, but the repetitive act of knitting is super easy.  I'm happy to help or lend anyone my needles if you want to give it a shot!



My parents were also taking down their Christmas tree (sniffle), so we had one last chance at running the train.  My dad got this train when he was one..so it is almost 65 years old.  I love to hear about my dad and uncle talk about trains - that is definitely from a by-gone era.  I love trains and think they are so nostalgic...




After peering in awe at the train from a safe distance, Emma plopped herself down in my dad's lap.






We then walked to the park, where Emma had a absolute blast on the slide.....








She also loved the swing...


 I had to run to the grocery store to get beer and milk for our pizza birthday dinner while at my parents....I don't shop at Harris Teeter much because Food Lion is cheaper and closer to my house.  I will, however, be going back for this wine though....it was delicious, and I just love the Robertson family.  And Missy is coming out with her own clothing line - can I get a woot woot?!?!




 One reason for my crankiness/stress is my God-awful commute to work.  Everyday in the winter, this is what I battle.  What idiot planned a road to road east/west, directly into the sun?!  It is so bad some mornings - it causes wrecks, and adds about 30 minutes EXTRA to my commute.  I try and plan for it, but if I leave for work any earlier, I miss seeing Emma in the morning..I just put my foot down right there..not happening.



Emma loves to help in the kitchen...she was super cute last night helping us make pasta.





Emma also had her first encounter with Brooklyn...I'm hoping Emma didn't make her cry here.  I have loved having these sweet friends next door to us.  God has really blessed us with great neighbors - 2 families before that have moved but still our dear, dear friends that we love...and now, the Winslow's.  We are grateful!


My bestest friend, Cornelia, is coming into town for 2 weeks from NYC with her husband Chris and I am beyond excited to see her!!!!!  I have several dinner plans in the next few weeks and a trip to the mountains with my sweetie - my FIRST trip away from Emma.  Life is good:)

No comments:

Post a Comment