Monday, April 16, 2012

Coming along...

The nursery is coming along - walls painted, crib assembled, part of bedding here...curtains almost hung...It will be here before you know it, and everyone knows I am a big planner:)

Brent is making awesome progress on the changing table...drawer boxes completed, frame completed...now top, back, and drawer fronts are left. (future post with pics coming soon!)  I am starting to stress some only because we will lose a few weekends coming up where he can work on it..but I know it is worth it in the long run..and if Emma has to be changed on the floor...so be it.  I am thankful everyday that my husband has the talent and love to build his daughter's changing table. I can't wait to see it when he's done!
Not a great picture..but the walls are now scratch-free!

Brent insisted on putting his celebratory beer on top of the crib after he assembled it.  I did go with some slightly different bedding than mentioned in an earlier post..but same colors (and MUCH less expensive).  This red gingham and red chambray bedding is from Pottery Barn kids, and looks great with the matching red chambray valances.  I love that I can use so many different sheet patterns to go with it as well.

I don't have a crib mattress yet...but here's an idea of the colors - the pillows match a chair and ottoman we are moving into the nursery from downstairs once our couch and loveseat arrive. The yellow quilt was handmade by my grandfather's special friend and matches perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment