Thursday, April 26, 2012

And we're off......




Tomorrow Brent and I leave for a three day weekend to Beaufort.  We love going there because there is so much to do, and we also have friends on Harker's Island that we like to visit.  This will be our last trip before Miss E arrives in 7 weeks...yes, I only have SEVEN weeks left!  I can't believe it.  Everyone keeps asking me if I am excited, and truth be told, I am petrified.  I have been a nervous wreck all week.  There's something about the countdown of weeks that is making it all so real.  It doesn't help that we were out of town all last weekend, and work for me has been very busy with the semester winding down this week..working late most nights.  I am waking up at 4am every morning - wide awake - and am just exhausted by the time I get home.  So I am ready for a trip away, although part of me wants to stay here and get some things done around the house.  I am nesting like crazy and any kind of clutter sends me into orbit.  I am, however, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - pretty soon I won't be carrying a basketball full of weight around my middle, and I won't have to wear pants that stretch all the way up to my boobs...because those are soooo flattering, right?  Only seven more weeks...and then my life changes forever.....

So, tomorrow morning we head east and celebrate our last trip alone!  This is Brent's only three day weekend, and he has planned it for awhile..despite Mother Nature's attempt at ruining my plans to transform into a glowing and tanned pregnant woman. 

Sadly, I will miss my dear friend, Corrie's, engagement party.  I feel truly awful that I cannot be there for her special night, and I know it will be awesome.  Cheers to her and Chris and their new life together:)
I love it when they have my boat all ready....


1 comment:

  1. A trip to Beaufort sounds lovely. I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete