Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Life lately

It seems like we have been so busy the last few months.  And now that the sale of the store has gone through (praise hands), we can breathe a bit.  Here's a snapshot of what's been going on in our house the past few weeks!


We ventured down to Carolina Brewing Company in Holly Springs...which did not disappoint.  I think Merritt had the most fun of all.


Brent snapped this before Emma had gotten up.  The morning is my favorite time - especially if I have gotten ready and had breakfast before anyone else gets up! 


We went to my parents for dinner one night.  It was cold and we had a warm crock pot stew.



Brent's best friend growing up came over with his family to celebrate the store purchase.


He brought over a bottle a Pappy Van Winkle, an extra special bourbon that's very rare.




The kids stayed up late playing really good together, and the next morning we left for Bath to spend the day with Brent's family.


We celebrated Reagan's 16th birthday!



I had a lunch date with Emma, to the one and only Jersey Mike's.


And for the Super Bowl, Merritt (in her green attire) got a little crazy with the booze.


Merritt is still loving her naps - still going strong twice a day.  She was rocking some bed head here.


I can usually entertain Merritt with some cheerios, no matter what.


Emma is still super obsessed with "herb derbs."  She loves cutting food up and prepping it on a plate.  It is a little annoying, if I'm being honest.  One - the food never gets eaten (and dang it if groceries aren't outrageously expensive!) And two - I have a small kitchen and making dinner is almost impossible with 2 people in there.  Alas....I'll sacrifice for her.


Emma got her hair cut and loved it.  She badly needed some ends cut because it was getting soooo tangly all the time.




Brent had to work one Saturday, and we had a birthday party about 2 hours away.  It was so foggy, but a nice drive.


I used to come down here to ski at least once a week back before I had Emma.  I grew up with some of my ski friends here, so it was soooo good to be back.


I had to snap a pic of the jump ramp (we take it out over the winter)


Tommy and Anna's son Owen was turning ONE!  We all had such a good time.



Owen got a remote control Jeep and the kids had the best time chasing him around in it! 


This is my dear friend, Bill.  I grew up with his son Treece, and Bill is the most caring, hardworking, selfless person.  He has coached me and been like family.  A few years ago, he was really, really sick and finally diagnosed with Wegener's disease.  I am so grateful now for any time I get to spend with him.  He is 67, has had hip replacement, and can still out ski everyone.  Not to mention, has a heart of gold.  It's no wonder Merritt is smiling:)



Oddly enough, Merritt feel asleep.  She actually does not nap well in the car anymore -which makes travelling hard. I can't get over how uncomfortable this looks!


We were planning on taking Emma snow skiing next week....but the weather has been so awful and I'm so bummed!  I love winter, and I'm not ready for it to be hot and sticky and humid yet....UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment