Sunday, February 26, 2017

3 months!

We've hit the 12 week mark and life is just rolling along.  Merritt is consistently getting up once around 2-4am.  It's really become a part of my routine, so I literally am asleep by 9:30pm.  We are having a hard time with her taking bottles, so that is our number one goal for right now. 

Errands are a lot easier now that I know Merritt's patterns.  She is happy to lay in this cart carrier my neighbor let me borrow.  It's a Binxy hammock, and it's great.  I'm really appalled at how babyseat unfriendly most stores are with their carts.  If the car seat actually fits in the cart, I barely have any room for stuff to buy.  This has been a life saver.


Brent made this awesome playgym for Merritt, and  love it.  I am not a huge fan of bright colored plastic baby things these days, so anything that looked like it blended better into our home was a must.  And Merritt LOVES it.  She will lay there forever and stare at the trinkets and hit them with her hand.




We have spent a lot of tie outside, and we went to my parents for a walk to the park.  Merritt is reclined now in her stroller seat.  My mom has been a huge help with both girls and I'm very thankful for her:)


Whenever I get one on one time with each of the girls, I am really content.  Merritt was asleep, so Emma and I played outside.  I'm still figuring out how to be the best parent when I have them together - divided attention is difficult.


Last Sunday, we went to Elon College to hear our dear friend, Dr. Irons, speak at an event on campus.  The Irons family is in our small group, and we are grateful for their friendship.



Elon has a beautiful campus.....and it was a gorgeous day.


We ate in their dining hall for brunch and it was actually good!


Sadly, I missed the speech because Merritt got hungry and refused to take the bottle I had for her.  So I nursed (under cover) in a private garden outside.  But I was bummed.....I seem to miss a lot these days and that's hard sometimes.


We tried out a new restaurant one afternoon after dance class.  It's called Living Kitchen, and it's not really kid friendly, but Emma enjoyed her smoothie.  I definitely want to come here with adults at another time.


We have enjoyed another beautiful weekend...update coming soon!  Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment