Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First day of school!!!

I am sooooo not ready to send Emma to daycare.  I cry even thinking about it.  I am working a few hours a week until I go full time to get settled back at work, so Emma is also learning how to hang with her friends at daycare.  I miss her like crazy...I have only taken her for a total of 8 hours over 2 days...but I cannot get to her fast enough when my work is done.  I have no idea how I will go all day without her.  I know you say it gets easier, but honestly, I love this girl.  I never, ever...ever thought I would want to be a stay at home mom, but I love it. I love being with her and taking care of the house.  I cherish our time and feel like I am doing the most rewarding and wonderful job.  Don't get me wrong, I love my work with my college students....but they are not MY child.  For right now, I am going to make it work...a good friend sent me a  very encouraging message yesterday and reminded me that her daughter recently thanked her for working....while they were on a family vacation to Disney.  How precious that we can look at it that way - I wish that I could stay at home with her right now, but I have made a commitment to work and although it seems scary now, I will give it a go.........Emma will thank me at some point for letting her do her own thing...and letting me continue the work I love with students.  I will not love her less...in fact..I feel like my time is so limited with her that I cherish every second.  I even am excited to get up with her in the middle of the night...because I know NO ONE else has that privilege.

So far, Emma has done great at daycare...she doesn't nap well there yet...too noisy for her comfort still.  But I am getting good reports from her teachers and she hasn't cried once when I've left her. 
First day!

Taking it all in...

Second day..

Just chillin with my new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment