Wednesday, October 9, 2013

16 months!

After being sick off and on (mostly on) for 2 months, I am finally feeling like myself again.  

I won't mention that Emma also had a feverish cold, and that Brent is art home as I type with a fever...I will, however, talk about how I have the sweetest little girl in the world.

And when I say little, I mean LITTLE.  She is only in the 25% percentile for weight - coming in at a mean 21.6 pounds:)  Last week, we had our 16 month check-up (complete with 4 shots!) and Miss Emma is growing and developing perfectly.  She does still have a heart murmur, and we will be seeing a cardiologist next week, so prayers please that all is fine.  I know it will be, and the doctor is not concerned, but you just never know anymore.  Life is so uncertain and unfairly cruel, and when your little baby is involved, you can never worry enough about her health and happiness.

We've been spending a lot of time at my parents lately, which I love.  Brent has worked the past 2 Saturdays in a row, and I've also been home sick or taking care of sick Emma during the week some.  It has been nice to have some help and a change of scenery.  This is the home I grew up in, and to be back there with my parents and now my daughter means a lot.

Grandpas are good for a wagon ride every now and then....









Chik-fil-a visits are becoming a weekly norm in our house...




So are Glee Kids visits...we have gone there so much (mainly walking down to University Mall), that the sweet lady that works there is like family...


Menchies for froyo to calm us down after the doctor visit...





New skill....opening up the cabinet and pulling ALL the newly organized diapers out and throwing them all over the floor.


My flower child...



How sweet is this girl?  Geesh...I am so biased!


I just love when Aunt Paula and Uncle Dick come to visit from Maine.  They are sooo much fun and I miss them already!  We started our weekend right with pancakes from the Weathervane!



And of course, another visit from the diaper bandit...I immediately went out to buy child-proofing supplies.


We are headed east this weekend for a long overdue and rescheduled vacation to the coast...prayers that we are all healthy and can enjoy some precious family time together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment