Monday, December 17, 2012

Hambone

We always refer to Emma as our "Hambone" because the child loves to smile.  She is so shy and innocent about it, wrapping us around her little fingers every time she flashes that smile.  I don't capture it very well, but she loves to just grin at you and then hide her face, as if she is playing peekaboo.  She loves to laugh at you, especially when we blow bubbles on her tummy, and she cracks herself up making new noises.  They sound sometimes more like terradactyl screams of pain, but she LOVES making them, and has a blast doing so!

Sometimes at work, I just stare at all these pictures of her on my phone (1726 of them to be exact) and I have this indescribable feeling of warmth and joy.  She is truly more than I deserve, and I thank God everyday for the chance to be her mother.






No comments:

Post a Comment