Wednesday, March 21, 2012

this and that

This spring weather has got me all excited about summer....and then I realized that this summer will be VERY different from any other summer in the past:)  I am not sure whether I can realistically look forward to lake and beach trips, tanning by the water, windows down with music turned up.......all the things we get so excited about once the flip flops come out of the attic.  I can at least look forward to a nice, cold beer....or mimosa...which will be well received!

I am almost 28 weeks....last appt of the second trimester is Friday...as is my glucose test.  I don't know why, but I am super worried I wont pass.  Could it be because I work one block away from Krispy Kreme?  Maybe it's because my boss insists on bringing donuts to our weekly staff meetings, and really, I don't want to offend, so I indulge...maybe even on two donuts.  This week, I have retrained myself form all sweets...well, maybe most sweets.  I do have some cookies packed in my lunch today.  I heard eating lots of protein helps counterbalance the sugars, but honestly I think there is not much I can do to change the outcome of this test.  Hopefully, I will pass with flying colors!

Brent has been hard at work constructing the changing table.  We have been fortunate enough to have some nice weather on the weekends, so he can drag out all the machine and tools to transform our deck into an episode of Yankee Workshop with Norm.  (what? your husband doesn't make you watch that show?!)

We have finally ordered our living room furniture...and in 6 weeks or less, the house will slowly be transformed (furniture wise!)...I can't wait to post pictures on that!  We are moving some chairs upstairs (one with the ottoman into Emma's room, and the other into our bedroom...I can't wait for the bedroom chairs since I am having a hard time bending over these days.  That will make putting shoes on MUCH easier!) For now, here are some swatches for the living room...

I'll leave you with some recent pictures....I certainly feel pregnant now, and Brent chuckles every night because none of my pajama tops cover my belly.  I'm still feeling great...a bit more trips to the bathroom which is annoying...and embarrassing...but I am loving all the attention from strangers.  People seem to treat you differently when you're pregnant, and I don't mind it one bit.
26 weeks....I find this to be a horrible face picture of me...but wanted to document the Bump.

27 weeks - I chaperoned Peace's spring dance in downtown Raleigh....had a blast and the Stockroom is an awesome venue.  I told Brent there wasn't enough light to take this, but he refused to go outside and take the picture, and insisted there was enough. Hmmmm..I think I won this argument.
I adore my co-workers....and friends.  They are a special bunch and have such great hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! Can't wait to see pics of your furniter and Brent's handy work on the changing table!

    ReplyDelete