Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A new piece for the collection...

This is my first piece of jewelry made in 2011.  I have never been afraid of chunky, and funky, jewelry.  Just ask my dad, who always comments on my large gold filigree earrings as......hubcaps.  I have recently really loved the vintage style clothing and jewelry - unique, trendy, but with some traditional elements.  No thanks to Anthropologie, this trend seems to be on everyone's list, yet few can truly afford.  I get most of my inspiration from seeing other pieces that I want, but can't justify paying for.  I love to peruse the cases at Charlotte's just for inspiration!  Here is my creation - and I admit, I did get a lot of compliments on it the first day I wore it. I also got some requests for their own...so it must be a success!


It is simple to make - a hot glue gun, some felt, gold chain, and fabric or paper flowers are all that's needed.  Michael's actually had a great selection of flowers in the scrapbook section, and I am currently learning how to make yo-yo fabric flowers for the next necklace.



As a followup on yesterday's post, here is my new crafting area.  Brent bought the table to go under the sewing machine, and it was all set up for my birthday. He even put a vintage piece of material as a table cloth - it was found in my grandparent's basement before we sold their house. The coral basket container was also my grandmother's sewing box.  It still has hundreds of spools of unused thread, in every color imaginable.  I would also like to think that, as with most things, the thread made back then is of much better quality than today's! 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I am so excited you have started a blog. I can't wait to see all your crafts. It is definitely a talent of yours.

    ReplyDelete